Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The day that I finally restore my faith for Bahasa novels. Thank you Buku Fixi and Lejen Press.


Hello :)


Wrote about the book(s) before. Not a review but just the love for the publisher and the book. There is still hope for Malay books to move forward. I always thought there will never be a good Malay reads after Ahadiat Akasyah (enlighten me on the spelling please).


One of their subsidiary manifesto is to reach for the young, the sengkek and the kam siap, Fixi Novo 2012. I am basically the not so young but sengkek and kam siap. So, the parent company which is Buku Fixi has successfully reached their target reader and beyond. Yay!


Thanks to a friend of mine on Instagram, now I'm hooked. Looking forward to read more of these genre. Anyway, in the spirit of spreading the joy of reading, here are 4 mini reviews on the books that I have read for you to weigh your decision on either owning the book or borrowing it from a friend. Bear in mind, most of the stocks in Kuching can only be found at Popular City One (extremley limited) and MPH tHE Spring (totally limited and some are out of freaking stock).


KELABU - Nadia Khan
This is a fun read but it's too fucking thick for my liking. Thick = heavy = gosh I need to know what happens in the end like right now! Some commented that they cried reading this. When I started reading, I really thought it's about a boy whose in love living in a haywire world but man, I was wrong. This is twisted mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn~ Super twisted.


KOUGAR - Shaz Johar
One of the best (but not THE BEST) book from the publication so far (based on the limited number of titles I have read). It's about a "matured" lady (obviously) who has a crush on this "boy" (you know what cougar means don't you?) that he meets almost everyday in LRT. And there was this fucking Ustaz who is actually jahat and jahanam covering his wrongdoings by portraying his Ustaz's persona and pfffttt (one of the reason that I'm not fond of alim - ustaz type of man. sometimes, they are to fucking much. am not referring to all but some are actually jahat. they say they can help cure one's penyakit using Quranic verse but he only layan those kaya with Mercedez one, true story! nope, this is not the plot but my view on such person. may God punish them!) and many more lahhh. I don't want to give the story away.


PECAH - Khairulnizam Bakeri
Read it now or wait for the movie or watch the movie first or read it later. The book is good. One full page of Kantonis (with translation, of course) and layers of secrets are slowly peeling off (get what I'm saying or not?) Just wait for the movie coming 13 June 2013 to the cinema near you.


TABU - Shaz Johar
The cover will reminds you of Twilight but the story is far away from vampy like plot. Yes, it is about a lady who is in a relationship with a different "creature" but it's not a vampire. The "creature" is black and it's from Kenya. And the stories goes on...once you start, you can't put down the book. Best lah, sik cayak udah!


If you are in Kuching,  the stocks are really limited (giving the bookstores here are fucking scarce). The only option is to buy online. You can buy it from Buku Fixi's website (click!) but the not so nice point is they will charge you per book per transaction. I haven't been to the website lately but the last time I bought the books from the website I was paying RM10 extra for 2 books (shipping cost is RM5 per book). Another alternative the sengkek like is to buy it from Lejen Press (click). Lejen Press will charge at least RM6 for 2 books and so on. Again, I have not been to the website for so long, terms may change.


So, thank you Amir Muhamad for giving us the joy of reading Bahasa novels!

Shared from Google Keep

No comments: