Thursday, May 23, 2013

The day I finally giving an oil cleanser a try. A review of Etude House Real Art Cleansing Balm. Well, I did try Biore Cleansing Oil before..

Phewww..such a mouthful title.


OK. Being a girl (OK lah, a grown up woman..OK..an adult woman..OK! Someone who is matured enough to take care of her own skin), I am always on the lookout on a beauty products that will keep my face look younger, as young as possible. Forever 21 perhaps? 


I don't apply make-up to work, only BB cream (when I feel like it) and powder foundation (my basic need) or some blusher (if I wanna look...cute? Haha) and lip balm/ color lip balm, lip liner and of course THE Lipstick (which lasts for 2 hours, top). I hate re-applying my lippies coz am lazy like that. Huhu.


Cleaning my face everyday after work is a tedious process (for a lazy babe like moi). Someone adviced me to use a baby oil. OK. Loving it so far but all those cotton pads and oily remains are too much to handle. Too muchhhhhhh OK. I always have to replenish my cotton pads every time I finishes it (was using at least 5 facial pads per day Thats a lot of money mannnn) and buying it at the nearby Guardian is not my favorite task (coz I will, I repeat, I will somehow, even if I tried so fucking hard not to overspend,  I will spent on the unnecessary items and regret it like 5 seconds after I left the store).

To save some moolah, I root for oil cleanser. My first encounter was with Biore Oil Cleanser. Despite the hoo-haas and great reviews, we are not meant to be togther :( which brings us to Etude House Real Art Cleansing Balm. 


This is love. This is THE ONE. This is the thing that is going to widen the hole in my pocket. This is the reason am gonna be broke. But this is also the reason my face feels clean and fresh.


THE INGREDIENTS
I actually don't know the ingredients because everything is in Korean. I don't read Korean and there's no English translations.  Tolong!! But who cares (at least I don't). Just use laaaa as long as my face is clean. So shallow hoh?! 


THE BALM
The balm came in a tub and a spatula which is not my cup of tea. I prefer a tube because it's more hygenic. The spatula is a nice addition to it but when I'm super tired and just want to take a shower, it's no longer practical. My hands works faster than that plastic. It's a waste too as I tend to scoop for more than I needed. Look at the third photo on the right. It was way too much for my face. 


THE TEXTURE
OK. It's surprisng that when it's on my face it melts straight away. Since I scooped it way too much, the texture "melt" faster and it turns into liquid in a nanosecond (just to illustrate how fast the texture turn to "oil"). The make ups, foundation and whatever junk I slapped on my face is dissolved immediately. 5 star for this "feature". 


THE SMELL
It has lemon scent which is OK for me because I dig lemon yo! Not too strong and suffocating,  just nice. Let just say, it is bearable.


THE RESULT
I can see the liquis turns to brownish color as portrayed in the bottom part of the photo. To me, it work wonders. Of course I need to use facial wash to "finalise" the cleaning process. 


THE PRICE
The balm costs around RM39++ (I forgot how much is the price (real) coz I bought it when it's on SALE). Very costly maaaaannnn. If you plan to use it everyday then be prepared to buy more because 1 tub may not be enough for daily application.


THOUGHTS
Will I repurchase? Yes, if my financial condition allows it. It's a good product (IMHO).
So, there you go. Filling my Thursday night with a product review just because ha ha haaaa.


Oh, there are only 2 Etude House outlets in Kuching; tHe Spring and City One. Now that it's in Kuching, I don't have to worry if I need to restock on Etude House's beauty products because I know the outlet will always be there (coz I can't afford to go KL just to replenish my stock. I don't even go to KL for a holiday. The only reason I went to KL is for me and my sister's graduations. Ohhh kesian aku lok).


Shared from Google Keep

No comments: